$635,080. That is a gigantic prize won by Ludovic “Gr4vyB04t” Geilich this weekend at GGPoker. Geilich’s decision to enter the $25,500 Event #30: Super High Roller event was vindicated when he outlasted the 127-strong field, and what a field it was.
The final 17 finishers shared a slice of the $3,175,000 prize pool, a min-cash weighing in at $49,157. Seth Davies was the unfortunate soul who burst the money bubble, paving the way for such luminaries as Rainer Kempe, Joakim Andersson, Rui Ferreira, and David Peters to rake in a min-cash.
“londonkeys” and Stephen Chidwick busted during the next pay jump and collected $52,087. Sam Greenwood ($55,192) and Wiktor Malinowski ($58,482) dusted off their stacks before the final table.
India’s “level29” was the ninth-place finisher, which earned them $77,479, the last prize not to weigh in at six-figures.
David Coleman, Sami Kelopuro, recent Super MILLION$ champion Arsenii Malinov and the in-form Daniel Dvoress fell by the wayside, the latter scooping $238,691.
David Yan banked $316,226 when he fell in fourth before “hashtag_fold” crashed out in third for a $418,947 haul. That last elimination left Geilich heads-up against Bert Stevens and the heads-up duo struck a deal less the severity of the payouts. This meant Stevens scooped $655,288 when he eventually fell in second-place, with Geilich walking away with $635,080 and the title of champion.
Event #30: Super High Roller Final Table Results
|1||Ludovic “Gr4vyB04t” Geilich||Ireland||$635,080*|
|4||David Yan||New Zealand||$316,226|
*reflects a heads-up deal
Win Free Prizes Just For Logging Into You GGPoker Account
Chess Grand Master Ladva Wins Big Again
It is only a week since chess grandmaster Ottomar Ladva turned $530 into a $525,089 score at partypoker. Now the Estonia has another $253,802 in winnings thanks to taking down the Event #29: Sunday 500 Special Edition at GGPoker.
Some 242 players bought in for $5,250 to smash the $1 million guarantee by $210,000. Thirty-five places were paid after Elio Fox burst the money bubble. Players including Jason Koon, Justin Bonomo, Ami Barer, Damian Salas, Alex Foxen, and Matthias Eibinger all busted inside the money place.
The final table was another star-studded affair with Anatoly Filatov, Vicent Ramon, Jonathan Proudfoot and Joao Vieira all present. Vieira fell in third to leave Dan Smith heads-up against the Estonian chess ace Ladva. Ladva got his hands on the title, $253,802, and Smith reeled in $190,324.
Event #29: Sunday 500 Special Edition Final Table Results
|4||Jonathan Proudfoot||United Kingdom||$107,027|
Other notable GGPoker results
- Dario Alioto – first-place in the Event #27: PLO Bounty $5,250 for $158,473*
- stamina22 – first-place in the Event #25: GGMasters High Rollers $1,050 for $125,721*
- Ivan Zufic – first-place in the $5,250 Side Event High Rollers Special for $124,222
- ChiliDawggg – first-place in the Event #26: Bounty Hunters HR Main Event $525 for $112,131*
- LetsPlayAGame – first-place in the Global MILLION$ for $98,831
- Anatoly Filatov – first-place in the $3,150 Sunday High Rollers Bounty King for $68,873*
- BlackMamba4Life – first-place in the $150 GGMasters for $63,061
- Andras Nemeth – first-place in the $3,150 High Rollers Blade Bounty King PLO for $53,300*
- Timothy Adams – first-place in the $5,250 High Rollers Sunday Blade Opener for $52,907
- ALL IN ONLY – first-place in the $2,625 High Rollers Blade Prime for $52,475
- ExoticJoe – first-place in the $525 Sunday High Rollers Second Chance for $45,267
- Georgios Zisimopoulos – first-place in the $315 Sunday Bounty King for $35,526*
- musaka77 – first-place in the $210 Bounty Hunters Sunday Special for $32,673*
- Pavlo Kolinkovskiy – first-place in the $2,625 High Rollers Blade Opener for $30,080
- Patrick Leonard – first-place in the $840 High Rollers Marathon for $25,873
*includes bounty payments
“CurrD” Wins the 888poker Big Shot 109 Main Event
British grinder “CurrD” is $21,915 richer than a couple of days ago courtesy of taking down the $150,000 Big Shot 109 Main Event at 888poker.
The $150,000 Big Shot 109 Main Event is biggest, in terms of prize pool, of 888poker’s new tournaments. This week’s edition saw a combined field of 1,332 players (1,048 unique entrants and 284 rebuys) take to the 888poker felt. Only 180 of those saw a return on their investment.
Each of the nine finalists were guaranteed at least $2,070 but nobody wanted that sum because of the $21,915 top prize.
“karinabasse” of Denmark was the ninth-place finisher. “kaira_cosmo”, “2sick2bluff” and Malta’s “U.E.N.O.” joined the Dane on the sidelines.
“i2out” of Austria crashed out in fifth for $6,405 before “Callxm” of the United Kingdom dusted off their stack and fell in fourth, a finish worth $8,665.
The remaining three players were now guaranteed a five-figure return on their $109 investment. “EdulitisX” was the first of this trio to crash out, they collected $11,775. CurrD and “liviu_hzn” fought it out one-on-one for the title and it was the former who emerged victoriously with the $21,915 top prize in tow. The Romanian runner-up consoled themselves with a $16,020 second-place prize.
$150,000 Big Shot 109 Main Event Final Table Results
888poker Unveils NEW Tournament Collection
Nee813100 Denies Dominik Nitsche the Big Shot 525 Title
“Nee813100” is the latest Big Shot 525 champion, a result that came not only with a $22,000 top prize but with bragging rights after they overcame a star-studded final table.
The champion had to contend with Martin “MJacobson” Jacobson at the final table. Former WSOP Main Event champion Jacobson crashed and burned in seventh-place for $5,000. Even with Jacobson out of the way, things were not much easier because 888poker ambassador Dominik “888Dominik” Nitsche was still in the hunt.
Nitsche navigated his way to heads-up but he couldn’t get past Nee813100. The champion scooped $22,000 while Nitsche picked up $17,000.
$100,000 Big Shot 525 Final Table Results
|2||Dominik “888Dominik” Nitsche||United Kingdom||$17,000|
|7||Martin “MJasobson888” Jacobson||United Kingdom||$5,000|
Pedro “gusmaa” Gusma Wins Turbo Series Main Event For $332K!
Brazilian star Pedro “gusmaa” Gusma is the Turbo Series Main Event High champion, an accolade that comes with a massive score worth $323,163.
Some 2,244 players bought in to ensure the $2 million guarantee was blown out of the water. It must have been the night to have a Brazilian IP address because six players hailing from the home of Samba finished in the top 14 places with three reaching the final table.
“Tu Ta Tenso?” was the first of that final trio to bust. They fell in fifth-place for an $85,764 addition to their bankroll. That prize was the last nit to weigh in at six-figures.
“Uivelo88” and “RickyMorty10” busted to leave Gusma and fellow Brazilian “KKremate” heads-up. The difference between first and second-place was almost $100,000 but that did not deter this pair of stars from playing the tournament out as it was intended. Gusma got the better of KKremate and scooped $323,163, leaving the runner-up to walk away with $236,777.
Turbo Series 127: $1,050 NLHE 8-Max Main Event High Final Table Results
|1||Pedro “gusmaa” Gusma||Brazil||$323,163|
|5||Tu Ta Tenso?||Brazil||$85,764|
|8||Ole “wizowizo” Schemion||Austria||$31,065|
AdrianoK20 Wins Turbo Series Low Main Event For $81K!
The Low Turbo Series Main Event also hit its guarantee thanks to 21,865 players creating a $1,093,250 prize pool. Nobody at the final table won less than $10,510 for their $55 investment, which is a superb return.
This Main Event ended in a three-handed deal that saw the trio share more than $240,000!
Denmark’s “CortoM” finished in third and helped themselves to an $82,313 prize. “_sennj_” of Norway busted in second for a $86,182 prize, leaving Belarusian “AdrianoK20” to be crowned champion and pad their bankroll with an $81,133 score.
Turbo Series 128: $55 NLHE 8-Max Main Event Low Final Table Results
*reflects a three-handed deal
Win Up To $5,000 Daily With The PokerStars Golden Button
Other notable PokerStars results
- David “MissOracle” Yan – first-place in the $5,200 NLHE 8-Max PKO Turbo Series for $210,786*
- allindonksGG – first-place in the $109 NLHE 8-Max PKO Turbo Series for $59,957*
- ShellyCalls – first-place in the $215 NLHE 6-Max Hyper Turbo Series for $59,493
- Darwinfish – first-place in the $1,050 SUnday high Roller for $45,842
- Lecram006 – first-place in the $109 Bounty Builder for $27,462*
- Vlad “VladTheSlaye” Martynenko – first-place in the $1,050 Sunday Supersonic for $25,121
- beastishungry – first-place in the $215 PLO 6-Max Turbo Series for $23,462
- kino1991 – first-place in the $109 NLHE 8-Max Deep Stack Turbo Series for $20,455
*includes bounty payments
Andersson Chips High Roller Big Game With Astedt
This week’s partypoker High Roller Big Game ended in a heads-up chop involving two of Sweden’s finest players. Joakim Andersson is the man credited with finishing in first-place. His victory was worth $67,570 after his heads-up chop with Niklas Astedt; Astedt banked $56,629.
Plenty of other stars reached the final table this week, not least Christoph Vogelsang and Stephen O’Dwyer who finished in eighth and seventh-place. Other who navigated their way to the final table included Andrii Novak, Koray Aldemir, Tyler Cornell, and Teun Mulder.
The High Roller Big Game Final Table Results
|8||Christoph Vogelsang||United Kingdom||$10,712|
*includes bounty payments
Lithuania’s Gediminas Uselis Wins the partypoker MILLIONS Online Closer ($98,610)
Mendes Triumphs in the Big Game
Henrique Mendes outlasted 468-opponents in the $530 Big Game and saw his partypoker account balance increase by $43,740. Mendes got his hands on this prize after eliminating Francois Billard heads-up; Billard collected $31,197.
Team partypoker’s Dzmitry Urbanovich continued his good run of form with a fifth-place finish here, which netted him the tournament’s first five-figure prize, namely $10,657. Patrice Brandt ($15,024) and Philip Long ($21,392) were the other two grinders who won five-figure prizes.
The Big Game Final Table Results
|1||Henrique Mendes||United Kingdom||$43,740|
|3||Philip Long||United Kingdom||$21,392|
|4||Patrice Brandt||United Kingdom||$15,024|
Other notable partypoker results
- Pharaon – first-place in the $1,111 High Roller One Shot for $40,449*
- Pablos – first-place in the $320 The 300 for $23,052*
- Frank Lumkemann – first-place in the $55 Mini Big Game for $19,377
- marks-mama – first-place in the $55 Gladiator for $12,042*
- Xiaolongbao88 – first-place in the $111 One Shot for $10,555*